Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Stuff the Box - A Mission

My husband has been wanting to give back to the community where he grew up in Guatemala. I have been neither for nor against this idea, just very neutral. But the more involved I've become in church and prayer, the more this idea is on my mind. God has a way of motivating us! So it's time to act.....anyone that would like to donate the gently used items their children have outgrown please let me know. We will be filling boxes and shipping them to Guatemala to be distributed when we are there (we go a least twice a year). We are planning to go at the end of July and would love to give lots of children a Christmas in July they will never forget. I promise you that everything will be put to good use. There are so many very poor families in the small villages that would be absolutely thrilled to receive these items. Below is the first box that we have nearly filled with things my kids no longer wear/use. You can include clothes and toys. Unfortunately, the toys will have to be smaller items. Although the boxes are very big, they are also very expensive to ship and they need clothes more than toys.

Please prayerfully consider donating to this cause. We appreciate your assistance in ministering to the world. Thanks, Edwin & Donna

2 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! I have bags ready to go. I'll give them to you on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sally, you're awesome!!! Can't wait until Saturday.

    ReplyDelete