Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Decorated Notebooks

Here are three composition notebooks I decorated to give to my three nieces in Guatemala. I think they'll like them. I think they are cute. I did the two green/brown/blue ones for the 16 yr. olds and the pink for the 14 yr. old. I thought they looked a little more "sophisticated" for the older girls. Thanks to my great friend, Christy, for the Sparkle Mod Podge, it made them very glittery! The borders along the left edge were a cream color and I sprayed them with Glimmer Mist to match the colors in my papers. The brown border I sprayed with "coffee bean" but it wasn't dark enough so I then chalked it with dark brown shimmer chalk. Thanks for looking and have a great week. I promise when I get back from the trip and get settled I'll post pics of my recent layouts!!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE these! Awesome work! Sure miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wayyyy cute! I tried doing something like this for my daughter for her first day in 5th grade (3 years ago), but I apparently didn't use strong enough materials... within a couple of days of use they were falling apart. Yours look like they'll hold up well!

    ReplyDelete